Sports
WADA recertifies Beijing anti-doping laboratory
Montreal, Aug 16 : The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has recertified an anti-doping laboratory in Beijing, China, after nearly four months of suspension due to a technical oversight.
In a statement released on Tuesday, China's Anti-Doping Agency said, "WADA informed them in a letter that the lab had made improvement and met the requirements put forth by WADA," reports Xinhua.
"The lab will be reinstated as of August 15," said the statement.
WADA banned the Beijing lab on April 22 for a maximum period of four months.
The suspension stopped the lab from carrying out any WADA-related anti-doping activities including all analyses of urine and blood samples.
Lab chief Xu Youxuan said the suspension came after the lab failed a WADA technical test in October last year.
The lab's suspension spanned over China's preparation for the Rio Olympic Games and forced it to send samples to other labs for tests.
13 hours ago
US: Afghan national charged with making terrorist threat in Texas
13 hours ago
Trump declares Venezuela airspace closed after threatening land action
13 hours ago
US: At least four people killed, 10 others injured in shooting in California
13 hours ago
Kerala Raj Bhavan to be renamed ‘Lok Bhavan’ from Dec 1
13 hours ago
Indian Navy's journey to self-reliance a matter of national pride: PM Modi on induction of INS Mahe
13 hours ago
Reforms reloaded after Bihar boost as Winter Session of Parliament begins tomorrow
13 hours ago
Delighted that winter tourism in U'khand is attracting lot of people: PM Modi
13 hours ago
'Heartwarming to see deep connection to sacred Buddha relics': PM Modi recalls Bhutan visit
13 hours ago
'Vocal for Local': Gifted 'Swadeshi' things to world leaders during G-20 Summit, says PM Modi
13 hours ago
MCD bypoll: Delhi CM votes in Shalimar Bagh, asks electors to join celebration of democracy
13 hours ago
Stalin govt 'bankrupting' universities, claims BJP
13 hours ago
Parliament Winter Session: Oppn flags key issues at all-party meet, criticises short duration
14 hours ago
Govt orders WhatsApp, Telegram, other apps to block access without active SIM
